From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-04 03:07:04
I think I've found out why all warchive tests failed with gcc 3.3. It seems
there were two bugs in codecvt_null implementation. Both was causing it to
return 'partial', when strictly speaking it should return 'ok'. I don't know
why tests passed with earlier gcc version, maybe they had sloppier logic.
Anyway, I attach the patch to the code, and a patch to the test which I used
to track this down.
I also changed warchive so that wchar_t is casted to 'unsigned int', not
short. With all those patches, results at
look even better.
P.S. And BTW, if serialization was hosted in some version control system, e.g.
in boost sandbox, creation of all those patches would be much easier ;-)
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk