From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-04 03:07:04

Robert,
I think I've found out why all warchive tests failed with gcc 3.3. It seems
there were two bugs in codecvt_null implementation. Both was causing it to
return 'partial', when strictly speaking it should return 'ok'. I don't know
why tests passed with earlier gcc version, maybe they had sloppier logic.

Anyway, I attach the patch to the code, and a patch to the test which I used
to track this down.

I also changed warchive so that wchar_t is casted to 'unsigned int', not
short. With all those patches, results at

   http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/serialization.html

look even better.

- Volodya

P.S. And BTW, if serialization was hosted in some version control system, e.g.
in boost sandbox, creation of all those patches would be much easier ;-)