From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-04 10:37:30

Vladimir Prus wrote

>I think I've found out why all warchive tests failed with gcc 3.3. It seems
>there were two bugs in codecvt_null implementation. Both was causing it to
>return 'partial', when strictly speaking it should return 'ok'.

In a million years I never would have found that !

>I don't know
>why tests passed with earlier gcc version, maybe they had sloppier logic.

I wonder if BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T is not set differently
in our versions of gcc. I'm using gcc 3.2 under Cygwin.

>I also changed warchive so that wchar_t is casted to 'unsigned int', not
>short. With all those patches, results at

> http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/serialization.html

>look even better.

very nice work. Its clear to me that things are progressing very rapidly on this
front.

>P.S. And BTW, if serialization was hosted in some version control system, e.g.
>in boost sandbox, creation of all those patches would be much easier ;-)

Up until now its been me basically working alone. As that's beginning to change
maybe this is a good idea. Right now tailing out things on the To Do list and rolling in
changes from you and Pavel Vozenilek (Intel 7.0 and by implication VC 6.0).
Maybe we'll look at this with draft #14. I've asked to be put into the review queue
so this might affect things as well.

Robert Ramey