From: Daniel Spangenberg (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-05 04:38:13

Alexander Terekhov schrieb:

> Daniel Spangenberg wrote:
> [...]
> > no, it doesn't. The problem is not, that I could not find any workaround for that
> > and I am also not preaching to introduce a copy semantic for those objects.
>
> But you should try. It might help you to solve your puzzle (simple
> rename()/swap_names() aside for the moment).
>
> http://www.boost.org/libs/thread/doc/faq.html#question5
> (std::less() aside for a moment)

I am aware of this example, but it does not show a reasonable definition of a member
swap function nor does it answer my question, I am speaking of "non-copy-swappability"

How would you solve the problem of the name-attribute of a named object?
Do you think, that either rename or swap_names are the correct route to go?

Daniel