From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-06 04:08:22
I'm pleased to announce that the next milestone release of Boost.Build V2 is
for online docs (a copy is included in distribution).
Changes in this release
- Putting library in sources of other library now works even for static
linking, which makes expressing library->library dependency much
- Performance was considerably improved.
- Regression testing framework now works on windows.
- The "alias" rule can have usage requirements and passes on usage
requirements of sources.
- The "stage" rule can traverse dependencies.
- Support for "def files" was implemented.
- Targets paths are now shorter.
- Darwin toolset was improved.
The following bugs were fixed:
- It was not possible to specify empty suffix for a target type derived
from other type.
- The stage rules used to generate incorrect suffix in some cases.
- It was possible to load Jamfile twice.
- The 'use-project' rule was broken when referring to a child project.
- Use of composite properties in requirements did not work.
Developer visible changes:
- New CALC builtin, which considerable improves performance.
- Source layout was reorganized.
- Handling of response file was simplified.
Thanks to Pedro Ferreira, Kirill Lapshin, Andre Hentz, Paul Lin,
Jurgen Hunold, Christopher Currie, and Brock Peabody, who contributed to
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk