From: Michel André (michel.andre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-10 15:46:20

[snip]

> How is errors communicated to the on_read/on_write handlers communicated,
> via the policy?

[snip]

>I think I would shy away from providing error codes to the user level
>read/write completion notification functions, unless a compelling case to
>do so is found. I am a little more open to providing some reason code to
>on_close, but even there I am not sure.

The main reasons for me to suggest that was that in case of exceptions and
asynchrounous sockets is that its the exception could be thrown
asynchrounously in a thread that didn't make the request but in the one
dequeuing the completion. And that it is hard to associate the socket
instance with the error in case several sockets is associated with a
reactor/proactor instance.

Regards
/Michel