From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-13 04:23:13

For the past few months, going into our Files area on Yahoo-Groups
_requires_ entering an ID, even though the area is still set for all-access.
I think the change happened around the time Yahoo decided to truncate all
attachments from its archives. Note that this means that users cannot
access our Files area at all without signing up to Yahoo (but they don't
have to join the Boost group). Was this accidentally changed by us or
Yahoo, or an intentional change by Yahoo (yuck)? Can it be changed back?

Realize that I'm talking about read-access. Write-access to any of the
trial code sites (Yahoo groups, sandbox CVS, sandbox or main web sites)
needs someone signing in with write permission. All these trial code sites
are world-readable without a sign-in, except for the recent change at Yahoo.

Daryle