From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-13 06:20:41

> Under MSVC6, BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE expands to "template" instead of
> being empty. For instance, I have code where the following works on
> MSVC6, but only after I redefine BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE to be empty:
>
> typedef typename traits_by_category <max_category>
> ::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE traits<Iterator>::type type;
>
> The config/compiler/visualc.hpp header never defines
> BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_KEYWORD, even though MSVC6 has limited
> support for member templates, and doesn't accept the template keyword
> in this usage. Is this a config bug?

Maybe, can you provide a test case please (or supply a modified version of
the existing test in libs/config/test/boost_no_mem_tem_keyword.cxx).

BTW, I think several existing compilers choke when you try to put multiple
scope operators in the one typedef, for example the existing test splits a
typedefs like this up:

typedef typename ifoo::template nested<double> bound_t;
typedef typename bound_t::other other;

Whether that's the issue here I don't know.
Thanks,

John.