From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-13 16:00:04

Andy Little wrote:
> "Eric Friedman" <ebf_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>Andy Little wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>The metafunction naming style that instantly came to mind for me
>>> and honestly thought was in use ( as a newbie to MPL) was to add a '_t'
>>> to the name, hence
>>>
>>> MyWidget_t<X,Y,Z>::type;
>>
>>This is not the convention used by MPL.
>

> If you point me to the convention used by MPL I will be happy to use it.

Examples of MPL metafunctions include

   mpl::find_if
   mpl::equal
   mpl::advance
   ...and so on

While the metafunction result is of course accessed via the nested
::type, I think you can see none of these names have _t suffixes.

In fact, the only types in MPL with _t suffixes are those that wrap
preexisting types with such a suffix (e.g., mpl::size_t).

Eric