From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-14 15:21:52
[2003-11-14] Rene Rivera wrote:
>[2003-11-14] Daniel Frey wrote:
>>> I think these are more descriptive:
>>I like those, especially the last.
>>as to me, it would make sense if we would have other stuff to put into
>>boost::avoid_warning. (And maybe avoid_warning also help to avoid the
>>concerns of disable_warning that Rene raised)
>OK, my favorite so far is the avoid_unused_variable_warning. -- Clear to
>both the implementor and reader.
>With suppress_unused_variable_warning a close second.
Did some more modifications...
* Using "avoid_unused_variable_earning" name.
* Moved header to boost/utility/warnings.hpp -- No use in poluting the
boost/ include path when there's a perfectly good subdir for the file.
* Added start of documeting the various messages that compilers give for
this warning as suggested by Paul.
New archive at:
* Add section on cost, Paul suggested runtime cost, but it's worth
mentioning the compile and link costs also. Need to investigate what those
* Add more known compiler warning messages.
Enjoy, and thanks for the feedback, past and future :-)
-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk