From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-19 11:50:57

At 01:00 AM 11/19/2003, Matthew Wilson wrote:

>Ok, so here's the meat of the question: The implementation of recls is a
>set
>of cpp files that have nothing to do with Boost. (They rely on the
STLSoft
>libs, but that's just an implementation detail.) What I'm wondering is
how,
>in general, does Boost interface with things written in "other than
Boost",
>or is it a stipulation of all Boost libraries that they are 100% pure
>Boost?

There are already some Boost libraries that use non-boost libraries, IIRC.
At time of formal review, questions get asked like "Is the other library
publicly available with a Boost compatible license?", "Are there clear
advantages?", etc.

Of course a developer may want to bring up the question for a specific
library well ahead of any formal review to make sure the response is
generally positive.

--Beman