From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-20 12:30:50

Neal D. Becker wrote:

>I want to try serialization13, but it has .cpp files, not just headers, so it
>needs to be compiled.

>Can I build serialization13 without first merging it into a complete boost
>source tree?

There is no inherent reason this can't be done. It just seems more
convenient to me. I don't know what platform/compiler you want to
try it on so I don't know how much fussing around with include
paths, compiler settings, etc will be necessary.

If fact, if your going down this path, you really don't even need to
build the library. You might get what you want by just including
the *.cpp files in your project.

On the other hand, why make your life any more difficult that it
already is?, if you do it the way everyone else does, you can
benefit from the jamfile system, testing etc. If your platform
isn't one of the ones already working for draft 13 (VC 7.0 VC 7.1
GCC 3.2) this is pretty much indispensable at this point.

Anyway good luck

Robert Ramey