From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-21 22:02:01

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> The C++ committee meeting is next week in Kona, Hawaii, so there won't
>> be a lot of visible progress on 1.31.0. The "win32" regression tests
>> won't be run, but hopefully the "win32_metacomm" tests will still be
>> available.
>>
>> Starting November 3rd, I'm planning to work on 1.31.0 more or less
>> full-time until it is complete.
>>
>> I'd like to freeze the main trunk for major library changes as soon as
>> possible. Does anyone have any major library changes pending that they
>> want to get into 1.31.0?
>
> There's the iterator adaptors revision and docs at least.

The revised code is now checked into the HEAD. Pending good nightly
test results, the iterators library is ready for release branching.
The docs still need to be revised.

> I had hoped we'd get the new tuples into CVS by then as well.

I'm still wondering about that part. Are we intentionally putting off
replacing the old, relatively inefficient, somewhat non-portable
tuples with Joel's revision (I wonder if you can detect my bias here
;->), or is that just not happening through inertia?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting