From: Eddie Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-22 10:01:44

John Maddock wrote:
> I thought everyone might be interested to note that Borland's new
> cross-platform development tool, C++ Builder X
> (http://www.borland.com/cbuilderx/), now ships with a copy of Boost:
> http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,30991,00.html.
>
> If you follow the links from the main C++ Builder X site, there also
> appear to be free trial and/or personal versions available, for
> Windows, Linux and Solaris, but I haven't got as far as confirming
> that yet (they're big downloads...).

Yes, one can download either a trial version of CBX Enterprise which runs
out after some period of time or a Personal version of CBX which does not
have a time limit, but which is not licensed for commercial use. One can
also order a CD of the Personal version of CBX which is licensed for
commercial use.

As the link John published above shows, the downloaded versions contained
Boost 1.30.1. Borland was quickly informed that this was a broken version of
Boost so that put up the web page above so that Boost 1.30.2 could be
downloaded instead.

Finally the version of their compiler which ships with the personal and
trial versions is the same as that which ships with BCB6. They supposedly
have a newer, much more compliant version of their C++ compiler available
( aimed at 100% C++ standard compliance ), but whether this is finished or
whether it ships with the paid versions of CBX, others might be able to
tell.