From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-24 04:34:29

Edward Diener wrote:

> Supposedly they are working on the updated version Ansi C++ standard
> version, but when it will be released for CBX, I do not know. Borland rarely
> reveals their plans until something actually is released.

I have CBX developer with the preview version of the new compiler. It
uses EDG front-end and a new back-end along with DinkumWare for the STL.

I have hacked about boost 1.30.2 and had lambda working fairly
succesfully under limited testing so is an improvement over 5.6.4.

When I get time, I shall 'methodically' make changes to boost so it
builds with the new compiler and post back with more information. May
not happen for a while, though.

But initially, the new compiler looks very promising compared to the
current one.

Thanks

Russell