From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-24 09:24:12

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> The problem is that is_convertible<no_integers_except_bool, int>::value
> results in a compile-time error instead of being false. This is why I don't
> believe bool_testable should have gone into the operators library, because it
> looks like it's safe and useful but can cause annoying problems.

I'm concerned about this issue, too. It seems that bool_testable isn't
the small and side-effect-free enhancement we hoped. During it's
development, I think the above problem wasn't raised. We reached a
consensus that it should be added. Now that we know about the problem
above, the question is whether we should remove bool_testable or take
some other action.

> But alas, we don't review changes to libraries after they're accepted.

bool_testable is a new part of the operators library which has not yet
been in any official version. The fast-track-review-process wasn't in
place when I added it (AFAIK), so should we do the fast-track-review
now? I'm open to suggestions, even if it means to remove bool_testable
(or postpone it until 1.32.0).

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology