From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-25 14:19:23

At 04:44 AM 11/25/2003, Russell Hind wrote:

>Edward Diener wrote:
>>

>> I didn't install the Personal Edition from the CD in CUJ, but I have a
>> strong suspicion that the updated compiler was not in it. Borland just
>> recently put a preview, which has the updated compiler, on their web
site
>at
>> http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilderx.html . The
>> preview is installed on top of the Personal or Trial Edition.
>>

>This is correct. It only shipped in the developer and enterprise
>editions. Users of other editions will have to download it from
>borland's web-site. The directory structure is
>
>$(BCBX)\Preview\bin
>$(BCBX)\Preview\lib
>$(BCBX)\Preview\include
>
>The compiler is now bccx.exe, version 6.0 preview, using EDG 3.1.1 for
>the front-end and Dinkumware for the STL (and I think also for the RTL
>too).

It strikes me that Boost might run into messy config transition issues as
Borland moves from one front end to another. OTOH, Borland has probably
worked to minimize transition problems.

It would be great if Boosters who care about Borland could try the 6.0
preview against the Boost regression tests to see what issues turn up.

--Beman