From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-26 08:42:27

Markus Werle <numerical.simulation_at_[hidden]> writes:

> OK, I give a chance to everyone:
>
> For every compiler: if 30 users answer this post
> and declare that they are really interested in
> Daixtrose to be boostified and that they have no chance
> to switch compilers within the next 2 years, then I will
> try to support that one.
>
> Otherwise it's Intel-C++-7.1/8.0 and gcc-3.4.

Suit yourself. Be forewarned that the compilers supported may affect
the community's interest level. If you don't care about having lots
of users, you can certainly get by with that strategy.

BTW, we have lots of libraries you can use to eliminate portability
hacks in your own code. For example, I have way fewer platform
headaches now that I use the MPL for all my metaprogramming jobs. I
daresay that between MPL, type traits, and possibly Fusion you could
make writing an expression template library seem easy.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting