From: Jesse Booher (jbooher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-26 17:38:01

Thanks Dave,
I had just downloaded the cvs version of mpl and found that there is indeed now a sort algorithm and lots of other goodies. It'll take a little time to digest this new material. Is there any documentation that is closer to being up to date with the repository changes (than that posted on boost.org)?

As for a use case for merge_view (or by extension merge), It would have general utility whenever two or more presorted sequences need to be combined into a single sorted sequence (in linear time). Such lists might be, for example, multimaps sorted by key. Also merge can be used in conjunction with partition to perform a general sort [of complexity O(n*log(n))]. I suspect in fact that some part of the implementation of mpl::sort might be functionally equivalent to a merge, although I haven't had any time yet to study it over closely.

Jesse Booher