From: tzahm_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-11-27 16:25:41

I recently began using boost's thread library and after a period of
getting acquainted with the boost build system, I now have everything
rolling. At this moment, I am just using the thread library and I
wanted to compile simple multithreaded programs (like the ones in the
examples folder) by using a Makefile instead of a Jamfile. So far, I
had no success. I tried two approaches: installing libboost_thread in
/usr/lib/ and passing it to the linker (also -pthreads) and also
compiling/linking all of the *.cpp in /boost-1.30.2/libs/thread/build
plus my program file in one go.

Can anyone describe how could I achieve that with a Makefile? I am
running linux and using gcc 3.1.

thanks,