From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-02 13:41:29

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> At 05:01 PM 12/1/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> >"Rozental, Gennadiy" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> >It's really meant to say:
> >
> > OutputFile=".\Debug\unix_test_framework.lib"
> > ^
> >??
> >
> >> and BTW has nothing to do with regression test run.
> >
> >There seems to be at least some textual relationship, since
> >http://tinyurl.com/x9mp shows many link errors related to files called
> >"libunix_test_framework..."
>
> Yes. For example, many Win32 type traits tests are failing:
>
> Linking to lib file: libunix_test_framework-vc71-mt-gd-1_31.lib
> ^^^^
>
> Whatever the details, a regression related to "unix_test_framework" is
> killing a lot of regression tests.

It's possible that the use of the "automatic library selection"
feature plus the temporary presence of a bug plus some dependency
which bjam is unable to scan through, probably because it's obscured
by macros, is causing the problem. Did you try a fresh rebuild of
everything?

If the automatic library selection feature is designed in such a way
as to prevent bjam from seeing through it, we ought to correct that.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting