From: Hugo Duncan (hugoduncan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-03 17:19:40

Jeff Garland wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:39:37 -0500, Hugo Duncan wrote

>> I am trying to perisist a gergorian::date object. I see that there
>> is an undocumented date::day_count to access the internal state, but
>> no way to reconstruct the date object.
>
> Why not persist as a string (eg: 2003-Nov-03) using to_simple_string and
> from_simple_string? This way they are human readable as well.

I could, but I have an existing database structure (deployed to users)
that expects an integer, the string conversion seems to be needless,
an integer would be more efficient, and maybe I'm being lazy and
should really store this as a date in any case...ok, I'll go for
the latter.

Thanks for the prompt,
Hugo