From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-03 18:35:34

David Abrahams wrote:
[...]
> I fear that's right. Maybe I should just rewrite that stuff using
> Boost.Build. Heh, easy, right?

Fix the Boost Software License first, please. BSL does impose
the reciprocation provision with respect to derivative works
(not imposing an obligation to make the source code available),
but it doesn't really authorize the distribution of derivatives.

http://www.digital-law-online.info/lpdi1.0/treatise26.html

---
if there are different authors, then the copyright owner in any
work has to authorize the MAKING of any further derivative works
AND must approve of any DISTRIBUTION of the work that contains
his material. Unless ownership and distribution rules are
resolved at the time the work is being developed, there could be
problems at a later time.
---
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl.php
---
a) Subject to the terms of this Agreement, each Contributor
hereby grants Recipient a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-
free copyright license to reproduce, PREPARE DERIVATIVE WORKS
of, publicly display, publicly perform, DISTRIBUTE AND
SUBLICENSE the Contribution of such Contributor, if any, AND
SUCH DERIVATIVE WORKS, in source code and object code form.
---
regards,
alexander.
P.S. C'mon, give it up and simply adopt the CPL. Really.