From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-04 09:18:26

Daniel Frey wrote:
> I removed the safe_bool_testable_test a few days ago, removing the test
> itself as well as the entries in the Jamfiles[.v2], but it still appears
> in the newest regression tests (e.g. <http://tinyurl.com/o6un>). Am I
> missing something obvious which I forgot or is there a bug in the
> regression test system?

Neither. The regression test system does not remove old test results.
If they aren't removed manually, they will exist forever.

Removing all old test results everytime before running the tests
is not viable (at least not for me) because the tests take quite
long (7.5 hours on my box) then.

It would be helpful, of course, if the test system would recognize
removed tests (which should be possible by comparing all bjam
outputs with the result tree) and remove outdated test results.
As long as this feature is not implemented, it is very helpful when
maintainers notify the testers about removals of tests.

Regards,