From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-05 11:52:12

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>Specifically, I look at this code from collection_load_imp.hpp:

> stack_allocate<type> t;^M
> load_construct_data(ar, t.address(), 0U);^M
> ar >> make_nvp("item", t.reference());^M

>Can the same trick be use from user code?

Note that the serializations of the stl collections
included in the package have no special status or privilages
in relation to the serialization library. Anything used
there can be used anywhere else - and vice-versa.

The same thing goes for archives.

archives and serializations are coupled to the
library but the reverse isn't true. This is a concious
decision to permit any of the archives/serializations
included in the packaged to be replaced/overriden
by users of the library.

Robert Ramey