From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-09 06:24:54

Daniel Frey wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Daniel Frey wrote:
>>
>>>For the future, it would be nice if we can find a better
>>>place than the Yahoo-groups files section. How about a sub-directory
>>>'files' in the sandbox-CVS?
>>
>> There's web-space for sandbox-CVS already, and all members of
>> boost-sandbox SF project can use to place preview versions of libraries.
>> I think this is even better than sandbox-CVS.
>
> I don't exactly understand what you are suggesting.

I suggest that proposed libraries are available at

  http://boost-sandbox.sf.net

They can be copied there with "scp" command:

   scp some_file.zip your_name_at_[hidden]:/home/groups/b/bo/boost-sandbox
htdocs

> Yes, the sandbox-CVS
> is already there, but AFAICS there is a difference to the files section:
> The files-section contains files which don't (yet) fit into the normal
> boost directory hierachy. Having a directory 'files' in the sanbox-CVS
> would allow us to use the web-space provided by the sandbox CVS

Not exactly. The sandbox CVS and sandbox webspace are not related in any
way.

> without
> being bound to the usual directory structure.

Sure, that's why I'm proposing to put files to webspace, not to CVS. In
particular, webspace is more easily available to general public. More, CVS
is very inefficient in storing binary files, and most libraries previews
are zip archives.

- Volodya