From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-09 05:04:38

Hi,

In the shop where I'm working now (Windows environment) there is a
strong push to have versioning on all libraries.
With MSVC++ the versioning information is added with what is called a
resource script, where the version number, copyright and other stuff can
be defined. Each dll and ocx we create and use has its own version info
and it can be accessed and verified by scripts (we use it to ensure that
the set of libraries we distribute is the set that we tested) or by just
right-clicking on the dll to see this info.

 From all the libraries that we use, only boost_thread.dll does not have
embedded version info (the version tab is not available in the
properties window when right-clicking on this file) and the idea of
automatic version verification breaks apart.

I would like to add the version number (1.30.2) to the boost_thread.dll,
preferably with the MSVC++-compatible resource script, but I would not
like to hack the jam files unless it is necessary.

Is there any known solution to this?

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/