From: SourceForge.net (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-10 08:13:07

Bugs item #857547, was opened at 2003-12-10 14:13
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=857547&group_id=7586

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Using boost on Windows 2000 with the mingw compiler.
Compiling like this works fine:
bjam -sTOOLS=mingw

I copy the threaded release-dlls to a relevant place and
start using Boost.Thread. My code (which uses
Boost.Thread) works fine on Linux. When compiling with
mingw, I get a lot of lines like this:

In file included from headers/Position.h:10, from
main.cpp:7:
C:/boost/boost/thread/thread.hpp:17:5: #error Thread
support is unavailable!

Tested with Boost 1.30.2 and latest CVS as of December
9 2003.

If I compile with
-DBOOST_HAS_THREADS
and
-DBOOST_HAS_WINTHREADS

Then I get some warnings about the above constants
being redefined, but things work fine.

I believe that mingw is not recognized as a platform
supporting native win32 threads, which is an error, as
far as I know.

By the way: I tried running "configure" with
BOOST_HAS_WINTHREADS=1 as described on
http://boost.org/libs/config/config.htm#configuring but
that didn't help.