From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-10 12:11:59

Daniel Krügler (nee Spangenberg) <dsp_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> Hmmh, I really don't like the last point, because it tries to merge
> to different interfaces here. Should it not use ptrdiff_t as well,
> because auto_array is more a smartpointer than a container
> wrapper?

Auto_array is clearly a container and not an iterator. I won't be
incrementing the auto_array variable but I might with some iterator (read,
pointer) that I obtain from it.

As such it seems the current implementation meets your requirements for
consistency.

That said, I scoped_ptr and shared_ptr as closer to containers of a single
element than iterators as well, although that is a very weak link <g>

AlisdairM