From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-12 17:54:32

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> David Abrahams wrote:

@"libs\regex\build\bin\boost_regex.dll\borland\debug\runtime-link-dynamic\bo

>>> Please let us know if that works for you; if so, we'll update the
>>> borland toolset file.
>>
>> After trying one invocation of bjam "-sTOOLS=borland" and seeing
>> errors which I did not capture, I try a subsequent invocation:
>>
>> set BCCROOT="C:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6"
>> set BOOST_ROOT="h:\utilities\boost libraries\boost-1.30.2"
>> bjam "-sTOOLS=borland"
>
> I repeat, you do *not* need to set BOOST_ROOT. It might even hurt.
>
>> Meaning ? Maybe I have to use short path names to get it to work.
>
> No, you just need an up-to-date borland-tools.jam which deals with
> spaces in path names. Please add the following line to the top of
> yours:
>

> set-as-singleton BCCROOT ;
>
> (or get the CVS snapshot)

The borland_tools.jam in boost-1.30.2\tools\build\borland-tools.jam already
has "set-as-singleton BCCROOT ;"

I do not set BOOST_ROOT this time. Instead I execute bjam while my current
directory is my 1.30.2 root directory.

If I do not set BCCROOT, since the BCB6 bin directory is in my PATH, bjam
"-sTOOLS=borland" works correctly. If I do set the BCROOT environmental
variable, I get the same errors as before. Perhaps this has something to do
with bjam, which was in bjam-3.1.7-1-ntx86.zip, or maybe it has something to
with something else.