From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-15 13:21:50

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> I understand from the tuple docs that the default separation character is
> space. Is that any whitespace, or only a space character?

The default is ' ', or more precisely s.widen(' '), where s is the stream
in question.

While reading in a tuple from a stream, it is first examined whether
the separator character d is a white space character with

  std::isspace(d, is.getloc())

If so, then any other whitespace is accepted as the separator too.
If d is not whitespace, the separator can be
whitespace* d whitespace*

   Jaakko