From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-16 14:19:37

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Michael Glassford wrote:
> [...]
>
>>Actually, I meant the pthread implementation of Boost.Thread, which does
>>need to deal with exceptions, and looks like this:
>>
>> void call_once(void (*func)(), once_flag& flag)
>> {
>> pthread_once(&once, &key_init);
>> pthread_setspecific(key, &func);
>> pthread_once(&flag, do_once);
>> }
>

> That's http://tinyurl.com/zhqc (http://tinyurl.com/4xw6 and
> http://tinyurl.com/4xwf). Hth.

OK, I've waded through all those conversations, but I'm still left with
a question. It was clear that you thought this solution was ugly and
were looking for a better solution, but I wasn't left with a clear
understanding of whether you thought it would work. I didn't see any
comments indicating that you thought it wouldn't, but I'd hate to argue
from silence.

So: does it work?