From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-17 19:13:58

Martin Wille wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:

>>> On a related question: I've now got a couple of parsers working using
>>> spirit 1.6 (once over the not-too-bad learning curve it is a pleasure
>>> to use by the way). When I upgrade to 1.31 is anything likely to break?
>>
>> No.
>
> I disagree. Some things may break due to changes in the directory
> structure. However, I think this will be easy to fix in the client
> code.

The breaking directory changes are mostly due to actor (assign_a and
append_a) being in its own module outside the core. I intend to remedy
that. In fact, I already have a copy here with the necessary includes
(and wrappers for append_a --> push_back_a) in core.hpp for backward
compatibility. I didn't commit it yet to make sure that the library
itself and the examples/tests do not rely on it being in the core.

So, again, no, there shouldn't be any code-breaking changes.

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com