From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-20 20:18:58

"Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje

> "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
> > Andy, your input is just as important as anybody's---newbie or not.
>
> I'd just like to add...
> I hope the problems (which I understand are Not Fernando Cacciolas fault
in
> any way and must be pretty frustrating) are sorted out soon, and
> I can try the converter out.

I'll go to work on it very soon

> I would like more examples of useage, in the docs. I just like the:
> [Example
> LetsDoSomethingReallyStupid() ; // !!!
> end example]
> approach
> (Yep.. I am a simple guy :-) )There is a lot of math and grammar style
> things which would be eased/lightened for me if translated into some
short
> example code. It just sorts out 'a' reality of an abstract idea for me.
(But
> I may need this less when I can run it)

OK

> The most interesting part for me is the UDT (User Defined
> Type)classification stuff. IF there were some mechanism(s) for
> classification of UDTs then I hope that
> a lot of designers of UDTs would attempt to get their classes to work with
> it(them). Or at least complain vociferously that the classification is way
> off for their project.

I'm not sure if any classification system built into this library would get
to affect UDT designers but at least it will let those be fully supported.

> As an example .In my physical_quantities type I take the easy way out.
> Basically you are stuck with inbuilt types as the value_type. That is not
> satisfactory for most on boost... but the simple alternative is no generic
> conversion between physical-quantities with different value_types....
unless
> anyone has other suggestions. And
> Fernando Caccciola does appear to.

Disallowing mixed value_types would be a pitty.
I hope I get the lib to the point that it can help you sort out your
problems with the physical-quantities lib.

Best

Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft