From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-21 08:03:57

// -----Original Message-----
// From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
// [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Beman Dawes

// That sounds good to me. I've just gotten a first run off on
// Intel 8.0.
// Fails dropped from 68 to 6. I'd like people to look at
// those six failures to be very sure they aren't Boost
// problems.

I had now a deeper look at 'is_polymorphic_test'. There is a workaround for
MSVC which should also be enabled for Intel to make it work correctly:

is_polymorphic.hpp:

   struct d2 : public ncvT
   {
      d2();
      virtual ~d2()throw();
# ifndef BOOST_MSVC // <----- *)
      // for some reason this messes up VC++ when T has virtual bases:
      struct unique{};
      virtual void foo(unique*);
# endif
      char padding[256];
   };

*) This messes up Intel, too! I don't know why, but with T = ncvT =
std::iostream the size of d2 differs dependent on the existence of foo().

I tested only the windows version (in MSVC 7.1). This strange behaviour has
to do something with a particular inheritance configuration of
std::iostream, so I don't know what the behaviour on linux is. Maybe there
is someone who could have a look on it (I don't have the linux version here)
.... Matthias, perhaps you have 5 mins??

br,

Stefan