From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-21 10:46:32

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:23:41 -0000, John Maddock wrote
> There are a few configuration/setup problems with the date_time lib
> at present:
>
> In boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp:
>
> MSVC builds are set up to link to a dll by default, however, not all
> of the symbols in the lib are actually exported (greg_weekday
> exports nothing, neither does grep_month), so I presume this won't
> actually work?.

Yes, we have tested it -- although I suppose it is possible we missed
something. But, I believe you are missing that the greg_month and
greg_weekday get their exports automatically by being class members.

>Other windows compilers aren't supported at all (see
> more/separate_compilation.html for examples).

Just to clarify this is b/c instead of

#ifdef BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC // defined in config system
#if defined(BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK) || defined(BOOST_WHATEVER_DYN_LINK)

we are using

#if defined(_MSC_VER) && defined(_DLL)
# define BOOST_DATE_TIME_HAS_DLL_RUNTIME
#endif

Right?

Jeff