From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-21 11:12:49

> MSVC builds are set up to link to a dll by default, however, not all of
the
> symbols in the lib are actually exported (greg_weekday exports nothing,
> neither does grep_month), so I presume this won't actually work?.

I take that all back - those are exported classes, and most certainly do
work (with MSVC), however Borland and MWCW still fail, I think that
changing:

#if defined(_MSC_VER) && defined(_DLL)

#if defined(BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC) && (defined(_DLL) || defined(_RTLDLL))

would work if you want to keep the dll version as the dafault, but static
linking by default might cause less hassle in the long run (it did for regex
which is why I changed over from dynamic by default to static by default).

John.