From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-22 04:23:15

Lucas Galfaso wrote:

> I start experimenting with spirit and VC7.1, and even some of
> the simplest things makes VC7.1 ICE. I know this is not the
> right newsgroup to inform of such a bug, but I want to know
> if any of you already inform of this.

My experience is, that the VC7.1 compiler ICE's often on incorrect code
only, where the iCE goes away after removing the offending incorrect
construct. I know, this probably is of little help for you, but trying to
present correct code to the VC7.1 compiler helps a lot (I usually use
another compiler to spot the errors, returning afterwards to my production
compiler - the VC7.1).

HTH
Regards Hartmut