From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-23 05:24:13

Hi John

----- Mensaje original -----
De: John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Diciembre 23, 2003 6:33 am
Asunto: Re: [boost] Re: Formal Review Request: Boost.IndexedSet

[snip]

> > Right now its main functionality is to provide multiple views
> > into data set, each view being sorted differently.
>
> we also have filter(_iterator) for that ;)
> Also, rtl allows for having a re-sorted view of a container
> (without modifying the container itself)

Oh, there are several ways to construct read-only
views. indexed_set does not particularly excel at that. Its
strength lies in the ability to maintain several indices
in sync wrt to the same collection of elements. Sometimes
you will prefer to construct views on the fly as needed,
even though this is probably computationally more expensive.
Other times, however, the views approach simply does not work
--consider, for instance, the bidirectional map example
in the examples section of the docs.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo