From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-24 03:47:07

Misha Bergal wrote:

> with the following error:
>
> error: Boost.Jam version 3.1.9 or later required
>
> It is strange, because we rebuild bjam at the start of every run and
> bjam -v reports:
>
> Boost.Jam Version 3.1.9. OS=NT.

This is strange. I don't have any local bjam changes, and when I use bjam
build from CVS, I don't get this error, while with 3.1.8 I get it.
Is there any possibility that bjam your really run is not the bjam that is
build from CVS?

Maybe, you can follow these steps manually:
1. Go to tools/build/jam_src
2. Run build.bat
3. Go to tools/build/v2/example/hello
4. Run ../../../jam_src/bin.ntx86/bjam.exe

If it reports the same error in this case, it's a problem with Boost.Build
V2. Otherwise, you're running some other bjam.

- Volodya