From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-26 16:13:56

At 02:09 PM 12/26/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Are we ready to branch for release?
>>
>> I know of some unresolved issues,
>
>For me to give my opinion, it would help a lot to know what those
>issues are.

* errors_handling_test failing all Linux and Win32 GCC tests.

* The Metacomm tests are showing a few more Win32 regressions against
1.30.2. For example, ublas has 13 regressions, including failing all
Borland 5.5.1 tests, and 4 out of 7 CodeWarrior 8.3 tests. I'm concerned
the CodeWarrior failures might be Boost errors that other compilers aren't
picking up.

* http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/inspection_report.html still
showing quite a few fixable errors. Boost.Python is reporting 31 errors.

* There have been a number of suggested patches posted without any response
from maintainers. Need to check on those.

* I've got a prerelease checklist that hasn't been run through yet.

* I'm not sure if all iterator adaptor docs issues are solved yet. Likewise
Boost.Random docs issues.

--Beman