From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-28 09:57:26

I've just started trying to reconstruct the user-level documentation
for the current iterators library.

A few weeks ago it was pointed out that for iterators which could be
conveniently defined with the old iterator_adaptor design, it could
sometimes be significantly less verbose to use that older design than
to use the new one. I suggested the possibility of building a
policy_iterator_adaptor based on the new design, that eliminates the
need to define a new template with CRTP by using a Policies class,
like the old design. I started throwing one together as a way of
easing the transition to the new library, but it's more than a
30-minute project.

If someone feels like picking up this code and trying to finish it,
I'd be happy to send you the code.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting