From: Aaron Dail (s0g0d_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-29 17:32:41

Hi all,

I am trying to make a static library that wraps some
win32 API functions into classes, using boost signals,
but I get linker errors every time I try to use the
libraries together. I would greatly appreciate any
help or advice in dealing with this problem.

My static library uses boost signals, but it does not
link with the static signals libraries, and it builds
fine (well, it doesn't complain). However, when I
make a test-app that links with and uses my library
and the static boost signals library, a whole bunch of
linker errors are reported upon building, and they all
are about multiply defined symbols.

I have tried linking the boost signals library into my
static library, and then only linking in my library to
the test app, but I still have similar linker
problems.

I am using boost 1.30.2, VC7 (2003), and my library
and the test app are win32 projects (I am not sure if
that last part is important). I have also found that
if I include the boost signals .cpp files into my
library and build it with them, and then do not use
the signals static library, then I dont have any
linker problems.

I really can't figure out what the problem is. I have
used boost signals successfully in stand-alone apps,
but this is my first time trying to use it in a
library.

Anywells, thanks for any help. Like I said, I have
found a workaround so this isn't terribly urgent, but
I think it is a little hoakie.

Thanks,
Aaron