From: John Fuller (jfuller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-31 09:17:42

1) I see the draft for the next generation thread class supported
cancel and detach,
does anyone know where I can find the code?

2) Also, there's a sort a naive temptation to want to write a
descendent of thread_group
that accepts an additional name parameter to be associated with the
pointer to the
created thread in a map so that the parent thread could explicitly
manage threads by name
(for example, a URI),
or probably more safely write a class based on the thread group code
that uses an
associative container instead of a list.
Comments or previous work I should consider?

3) I suppose another wish-list item would be an implementation for
system-wide named locks
(like the locks provided in databases or like the global windows mutex
I suppose)...