From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-30 15:01:05

As far as the Boost regression tests go, there hasn't be a lot of progress
with GCC. The same Boost tests have been failing for the last four or five
GCC releases, regardless of operating system.

This sounds to me as if the Boost developers must think the problems lie
with GCC (or just plain aren't paying attention), while the GCC folks think
the problems lie with Boost (or just plain aren't paying attention).

Someone needs to step forward and break the log-jam. File bug reports,
email developers, and make sure someone is actively working on each issue.
I've been doing that with Intel, Metrowerks, and Microsoft and it does
work, typically resulting in fixes for both Boost and compiler (or
occasionally std library) code.

Any volunteers for GCC?

--Beman