From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard (jbms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-03 21:16:08

"Dan W." <danw_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Sorry, I did not see the words "during a rehashing operation".
> BTW, are iterators implemented as pointers? Will they be invalidated by
> rehashing? SGI's doc "HashedAssociativeContiners.html" contains...

> [snip]

In my implementation, an iterator is only invalidated when the element
to which it points is erased.

> ...where the last point says that iterators are not invalidated. Will this hold
> true?, or is it just SGI's guarantee?

The proposal allows all iterators to be invalidated by insert and
rehash. References and pointers to elements can only invalidated by
erasing the element to which they point, however.

--
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard