From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-04 08:44:10

> "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I think there is. It's a giant loophole in the general const-correcness
of
> > all programs.
>
> This kind of alarmist hyperbole makes it hard to take any of your
> arguments seriously.

Look, discussions get heated sometimes. Some arguments are better than
others. I have no problem
taking some arguments serious and while thinking some others don't hold. And
I see no reason why
you shoudln't be able to do that either.

It is still a big whole in the type system and it should quite frankly be
easy for most to see that, let alone experienced
programmers that have advocated const-corretness in other contexts.

Thorsten