From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-05 03:02:02

"Dimitry Kloper" <dimka_at_[hidden]> wrote in message:

> This is a review request for my c++ library for tracing/logging. It is
> called DGD and can be found on http://dgd.sf.net. Please let me know
> weather
> there is an interest in such a library, weather the library matches
> boost
> requirements and what are the options of releasing DGD under boost
> umbrella?

I have looked through your docs for a basic introduction explaining how to
use your library for debugging, and don't see much. Am I missing something?

For instance, The first section of the Tutorial ("Things You Need To Know")
begins with the sentences: "DGD::channelbuf can't be used to make output.
After all, it is derived from std::streambuf which is a kind of memory
buffer. There must be a stream. The DGD::channel is such a stream." I'd like
to see an introduction written for people like me who know absolutely
nothing about your library, explaining each of the points listed under
'About' on the homepage. If you want people to review your library, you
should make it easy for them.

Jonathan