From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-05 05:31:40

Dan W. wrote:
> Start again. You'll get the right thing done in a snap, now. ;-)
>
> Simplest solution that could possibly work, but no simpler than the
> simplest solution to *use*:
>
> using boost::unit_system::dimensions;
>
> dim length;
> dim time;
> dim speed;
> dim hertz;

Wait! I think the above mixes up some important concepts. Look at this:

length <-> meter
time <-> hour
speed <-> mph
frequency <-> hertz

I hope you see what I mean. 'hertz' is IMHO totally different than
length, time or speed.

Speaking in C++, I think that length, time, speed and *frequency* are
the (C++-)type, where meter, hour, mph and *hertz* are constants of the
corresponding type. This is also important if it comes to different
systems and conversions. SI-units like meters and other system using
miles, feet or whatever all represent lengths.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology