From: Schalk_Cronje_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-01-05 11:28:07

>If we do that, we can also ensure that BOOST_CONFIG #defines all of them (mostly to zero) and we can eliminate the issues >with warnings from BOOST_WORKAROUND doing comparisons on macros which haven't been defined.

I would agree with it. It is much easier to test for something like

        BOOST_CC_GCC
or
        BOOST_CC_MSVC

instead of trying to remember whether it is __GCC__ or __GNUC__ or damn I cannot even remember. Might be use to extend this to having

        BOOST_CC_MAJOR
and
        BOOST_CC_MINOR

which defines the major and minor versions numbers for a specific compiler i.e.

        #if defined (BOOST_CC_MSVC) && (BOOST_CC_MAJOR<13)

Regards.