From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-05 22:15:21

> and assurances for each function. So, say, on average, you might have 3
> or 4 lines of preconditions, and say, 2 lines of postconditions, for each
> function.

Sounds like my code :-).

> this respect; I'm not sure. In a program with 1,000,000 lines of code,
> there might be an extra 1,000,000 lines of code in debug mode from all
> those preconditions and postconditions; so, should be *fly-weight*.
> Any advice on how I could go about it?

Buy a bigger, faster machine or break your project down into libraries, each
of which are tested thoroughly; then make a run-time version and link in.

A simple doubling of executable size in debug mode sounds like nothing to
worry about. Some of my code is over an order of magnitude slower with debug
mode and asserts on, but still worth it.

Darren